Apr 26, 2012

Packets of Light Activity



source
I love it when there is a General Conference talk that makes a great Sunday lesson AND a good weekday Young Women's activity. Elder Richard G. Scott's talk from October 2011 conference is just that talk. See {The Power of Scripture}


For our activity we used this super cute idea for value crayons from Kristen at Inkablinka.com: Value Crayons

We also bought our girls these pocket-size Book of Mormons. They were $4 a piece. That was a little pricey for one activity since we have 10 Laurels, but so worth it! This is something we wanted to sink in deep.

We then made a list to be glued in the inside of their Book of Mormon. This is a list taken from Elder Scott's talk and converted to be qualities of a best friend-how the scriptures can be their best friend. {Click here} to download the glue-in list or create your own.

I then spent some time looking up a couple of scriptures under each of those categories that they could mark in their scriptures. {Click here} for that list or create your own. My girls complained that the scriptures were not in chronological order on the page. So that is my disclaimer! I was in a hurry when I did it.

I just really really loved this activity. It had such a great purpose. I recommend it!

Packets of Light: YW Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment