Knoweth Whether Thou Art Called to the Kingdom at Such a Time as
What is a mission like?
My daughter who is currently serving a mission wrote a letter home to her sisters to help them prepare to possibly serve a mission as well.
This is a great letter that could help you if you are also thinking of serving.
- It is hard! Physically, mentally, and emotionally. You won't understand this fully until you are out on your mission.
- None of your time is yours, it all belongs to the Lord.
- The greatest 18 months of your life.
- A great preparation for life and marriage
* Remember that a mission is a Priesthood responsibility. Young Women can serve, and make great missionaries, however, it may or may not be in the plan for your life. You need to find out!
How do I know if I should serve a mission?
What should I specifically do to prepare?
- Go and do as Enos did and pour out your whole soul unto him with all sincerity of heart truly desiring to know.
- Make Preach my Gospel part of your daily study
- Be familiar with where scripture stories are
- Memorize scriptures: scripture masteries, and scriptures that mean something to you personally
Pray about it! Follow your Patarchal Blessing [recieve one if you don't]!
Prepare as if you were going, then no matter what happens, you will be ready.